Monday, January 21, 2008

Our next adventure, Carrots!

So, we fed the Shawn Carrots today. It went a lot better than the Avacados, but he still made some ADORABLE faces. (We got smarter and fed him on the kitchen table--easier to clean up! Which was good because he made a HUGE mess blowing Carrot puree everywhere!) We had so much fun laughing at him as he ate. But then he started hamming it up for the camera. That is when he started rubbing carrots in his hair! LOVELY! After the meal, we gave him a quick bath and put him down for a nap. It sure was fun though! :)

He was not at all excited. I think he knew what was coming!

First bite of carrots.
First reaction to carrots.
He's not sure what to think.

Ah, maybe it's not that bad. (I love my expression! Ididn't know I was in the shot!)

Hey Mom, you're pretty funny! (I love this picture!)

Spit 'em out!

Then the blowing raspberries started. And the carrot juice coated the table!

EEEEEWWWWW! Gross!

This stuff makes great ammunition to spit at Mommy (I had it all over me by the time we were finished!).

Hey, let's try it as hairgel! That is much more fun than eating it.

Okay, spit it out and then rub it in the hair.

All over his face....

and his hair!

But he sure is CUTE!! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shawn is so cute!!! Even covered in carrots. Just keep trying he'll get it down.

Unknown said...

Love it!! We just started Caleb on Carrots this week- he made some of the same faces!! Everyone seemed to think he would like them... I guess he takes after me!

Unknown said...

I love it!!! We just started Caleb on carrots this week- he made some of the same faces! Everyone seemed to think he would like them... I guess he takes after me!

Deanna said...

he is seriously the cutest boy ever. i miss him....and yall too!! : )

Kevin and Laura said...

Oh baby food, what to give, when to give, what temperature to give it...have fun with that! It gets easier after they get used to the new textures and having spoons in their mouth.

Let's hope he takes after his mommy's taste buds and not daddy's, otherwise you can just skip veggies right??!?!?

Bloggin' Mama said...

Hi Kristen. Thanks for returning my comment! I had a small food processor from my wedding when I was making food for my oldest. I was very glad when it burned out.... it was too loud! When the 2nd came along, I got a $20 Proctor Silex at Walmart and I LOVE it. It's not the "mini" but it's not the full size either. I just looked and it holds 3 cups. It has been perfect. It has 2 settings and the blades seem sharper than the first one - it doesn't come with any extra gadgets or blades like some do, but if all you're using it for is baby food, it doesn't really matter. Again, I recommend the book Super Baby food. It has been so helpful and I'm sure I'll refer to it when we have another little one around one day.

We actually live in Colorado Springs, my husband is in the USAF and stationed at Peterson AFB here.

My husband grew up in Australia and all his family lives there so we are lucky and get to take a trip there every few years. Not a bad place to "have" to go, huh!