Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The New 'do!

Well, last Thursday I gave Bryan a haircut. It was the first one he has let me give him in about 5.5 years. Not because I am a bad stylist (he actually said I did a great job), but because it usually takes me several hours to do the job. I am always so worried that I am going to mess up his hair, that I cut a little and have him go check it...then I cut a little more and have him go check it. You get the point. This time was MUCH easier. We got a wonderful hair cutting set when we got married. We started with a 2 guard, then used a 4 guard on the top and then I cut the top to finger-length. It actually turned out very nice, although he wouldn't let me take his picture, so you'll just have to take my word for it! :)

Well, after looking at all of our old pictures (see our 6th Anniversary post) of me with short hair, I sort of got a whim to cut my hair. So, it took me a few days to convince my hairdresser to take the job. Although it could be because my hairdresser is my Mom and she LOVES my long hair. [She has been cutting my hair since my first hair cut. The first time I went to a hairdresser other than her was when I was a sophomore in college and was studying in Australia--I tried to convince her to come over for a quick trim, but she wasn't up for the trip! HA!] I finally talked her into it and below are the before and after pictures. We guess that it was close to 4 inches that was cut off. I am so pleased with it. I really needed a change and now it is so much easier to manage!
BEFORE:

AFTER:

No comments: