Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl to 2008

YEAH for the Super Bowl. I admit I love football as much as the next...um...football loving girl. However, I am much more fond of college football. Pro-football is just not as exciting to me, but I do like the Superbowl. I like it more for the parties and the social-interaction than the football. And tonight was no different. It was our second year in a row to spend the Superbowl with our teens at the church building. It is always great to spend time with these kids, they are so much fun! :)

We had a room set up for the game, of course. And that is where the guys mostly stayed watching the game projected onto the wall. Then there was a room set up for board games, where most of the girls stayed. There were all sorts of games. I especially enjoyed playing Catch Phrase, but unfortunately my team lost 2-1. Oh well, it was still fun.
Then there was also a room set up for all of the great food that was brought by the teens. We could have fed an army with our spread. (Thanks, Kristin, for getting it all organized.)

Here are some fun photos from the night. Although I didn't have an outfit for Shawn from the teams playing in the game, we dressed him in the home town heroes outfit--GO BRONCOS!!

Oh, and I was cheering for the Patriots. Oh well. :) Here are some pictures from the night:

Holly and Lindsay--I love the war paint. Reminds me of my High School Powder Puff days!

Some of our teens participated in a half-time coke chugging contest. Here is Jordan giving it her best shot!

BEFOREAFTER
The (unplanned) half-time entertainment started with the boys jumping over each others shoulders. It quickly became chair jumping--they started with 3 and before it was all said and done they were up to 5. It was very scary to watch...because I know someday this is the type of thing my son will be doing! HA!Lindsay with Shawn. He loved all the attention he got that night. The teens (guys and gals) were fighting over who was next to hold him. :)

Natasha with Shawn. It was after his bedtime and he was starting to get cranky.

Me playing Catch Phrase with some of the teen girls. I LOVE this game!

No comments: