Saturday, February 2, 2008

Family Date to the Art Museum





Well, as I metioned in an earlier post, Denver has several cultrual features that offer free days**. So today, Shawn and Bryan and I all made a trip to the Denver Art Museum. It was a great day and very fun outing for us. The Art museum expanded about a year and a half ago, but we have been really busy (for some reason:) ) during this time and have not seen the new addition. We were able to see the African art exhibit, which honestly was not as impressive as I had hoped it would be. The best part of the museum was the Modern Art exhibit. I admit some of it was fascinating, but most of it was a little odd or outright strange. Now I admit that I do not have an art degree and probably lack some of the appreciation in art that others have, but Bryan is even worse than I am!!! Bryan's narration of the display was my favorite part of the day. He had a great way of making the wacky displays seem a little odder than they were initially perceived. It was such a fun afternoon. Shawn enjoyed watching all of the people in the museum and the displays he could see.

Then we had a Starbucks warm-me-up drink before we headed for home.

What a great day! :)


**If you are in the Denver area, check out this website for more details, http://scfd.org/?page=home&sub=4.

No comments: