Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm getting the itch....

...to run another Marathon. As soon as I crossed the finish line of the Denver Marathon on Oct 15th 2006, I was hooked. I started immediately conspiring to run another one. Plans were altered a little when I got pregnant a week after the marathon. But I am back to conspiring for #2. I was told I couldn't start doing long runs until I finished breastfeeding (something about spoiling your milk?) so I have to wait until at least July to start training seriously. But I keep getting e-mails from the Denver Marathon sponsors, and yesterday I got a magazine in the mail for running shoes. Also, I want to run another one with my Dad before he decides to hang up his shoes. :) I also want to see if I can beat my previous time. I haven't decided which marathon I would like to run. The Denver Marathon was amazing--a great course, good cheering section, very scenic, weather was awesome--but I also like the idea of running one in Austin, TX. This is where I ran in high school and where I would volunteer at marathons. I think for now I will focus on training and then decide which one to run when I get further down the road (no pun intended!).
Here is the picture that gets me inspired:

After finishing : My mom (1/2 Marathon), Me and my Dad (full Marathon)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE you! You stand just like dad, it's so cute. Umm... my advice: start training in July, then plan to come down to A-town in Feb to run Motorola with me. It's this weekend - booo! But now that I can breathe again, I would love, love, LOVE to run a marathon with you and daddio. Your first time was about what mine was. Now with some actual training this time, I want to shave 20 - 30 off my last one - so that's about 4:30 or 4:45 - ya dig? Let's do it!

love you, mucho mas!

~namaste~