Thursday, July 31, 2008

Kid's Day Out -- Butterfly Pavilion

All summer long there have been activities planned for the kids at church. We have missed a lot of them due to scheduling and trips, but we finally made it to one! Today we visited the Butterfly Pavilion. It was a very interesting place to visit. The have a ton of bug specimen and some beautiful exhibits. They have a tarantula to hold, fish to touch, and, of course...butterflies. It was a lot of fun.
Shawn trying to grab the tarantula (named Rosie)....yes, he is laughing at it. I was terrified and he thought it was funny. He is more like his Dad than I admit! :)
Jack pointing at 'Dorie". If you haven't seen "Finding Nemo," you should!
Shawn touching a starfish. We finally had to remove him because he was actually moving the starfish in the water. I don't think that was part of the plan.A beautiful butterfly. I love the shape of this one.
A cluster of butterflies eating off of a tray. They love dead fruit. Go figure?
Here is a stow-away butterfly that rode around on our stroller for most of the time in the pavilion. It was very calm on the ride. I tried to get Shawn to see it, but I don't think he was interested. There were so many butterflies to look at.
A larger-than-life, moving ant exhibit. They were kind of frightening and reminded me of the movie "Honey, I shrunk the Kids". This is a favorite of my family when I was a kid.
Some of the kids that were there with us. Shawn in the middle. He loved spending time with other kids. He is fascinated by older kids.Shawn trying to get one of the displays to move. He is SO super cute. :)
Thanks, Erika, for planning this outing. You were awesome this year and hope to see you again soon! Good luck this year at ACU. :)

No comments: