Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July Girls Night Out

Well, I didn't post about the past few GNO...sorry! In May, we went to see a movie and it is hard to take a picture inside a movie theatre. :) On May 17th we went to see a "Chick Flick" and had so much fun. There is nothing like seeing a good girl movie with other girls. We saw Made of Honor and laughed (and cried) with the rest of the crowd. It was a great time.

In June we met for coffee in Belmar, and then headed to Lucky Strike for some bowling. The Lucky Strike alley is AWESOME! It is always good to have time with the girls. We had a good turn out and will definitely look to do this again in the future. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera and so there are no pictures! OOPS!!

I again forgot my camera at this month's fun GNO. Luckily, my good friend Laura remembered hers and so she got some great pictures. We went to a Paint your own Pottery studio and really enjoyed the time together. There was a good turn out at this event too and we will be adding this one to the schedule again soon (maybe in time for the holidays?!). Here are the pictures from the evening and also some from each of our 'masterpieces'! I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as we enjoyed painting them. :)

Our group on Monday: (L to R) Lynette, Sara, Cory (my good friend from Allied), Rachel S., and Me (Laura is the photographer)
Busy at work
Another shot of us at work.
The other half of the table working.
Laura at work on her Masterpiece! It turned out gorgeous.
Smiling for the camera.
Here are our art pieces. This is Lynette's--she is a HUGE Detroit Redwings fan. She also painted a really cute pair of flip flops.
My friend Cory painted this adorable jewelry box for her three-year-old daughter, her nickname is "Mo". I love it, Cory!
This is the frame I painted for Shawn as a gift for his Birthday. I LOVE the way it turned out. Let's just say I cried when I saw it. More on that in a future post.
This is what Rachel painted. You can't really tell the colors from this picture, the swirls are a pretty chocolate brown, and the dots are maroon. She said these colors match her kitchen and she plans to put it on the wall in her kitchen.
This is Sara's plate and I love the way it turned out. She painted it a dark Eggplant purple-which matches her kitchen. She painted these cool swirls in a puffy black paint along the edge. Shw plans to use it as a candle plate in her kitchen.

And last, but certainly not least, is Laura's plate. Laura and her husband are moving from Colorado to Missouri in September. They are moving there to open a Ranch for Troubled boys called Whetstone. She came prepared with a picture of what she wanted to paint. This is actually a replica of the Colorado state quarter. This picture definitely does NOT do her plate justice. It is absolutely gorgeous and I am in love with it.

Thanks for such a great time, Ladies. See you next month for another great time!

No comments: