Thursday, May 8, 2008

A little about me :)

So, I was tagged by my good friend Lindy!!! Everything you wanted to know and more. J

1. Two things that you despise that no one knows about you~
a) I don't like to be near smoke. I can smell it from a long ways off (like sitting in a car at a stop light). Drives me nuts! I'm glad most places are becoming smoke-free environments.

b) I HATE to be late. It is definitely one of my biggest pet peeves. I try to leave early for everything we do, but now with Shawn I never seem to be on time to anything. Oh well, I'd rather be happy and late, than stressed & cranky and on time.

2. Name something fun you want to do in your life~
a) I really want to travel to all 50 states and to every continent—I've been to 30 states so far and every continent except Asia.

b) I also want to take Bryan to Africa and show him where I grew up.

3. Something that gives you joy, then something that gives you happiness~
a) My greatest joy is my son, Shawn. Bryan and I race to go in and get him in the morning because he is so darn cute! I love everyday as he learns new things.

b) Coffee, reading a magazine, running (I'm ready to start again), volunteering, and hanging out with friends makes me happy!

4. Biggest Fear in Life~
I have 2...
a) Not setting a good Christian example for my kids, my spouse, my family and my friends.

b) That Bryan will leave this earth before me and I will be alone to raise my children.

5. A secret talent you would like to possess~
a) I would love to be able to paint. I wish I was brave enough to give it a try. But I am such a perfectionist that I'm not sure I would be very good at it. Maybe one day I'll give it a go.

6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years~
I see me and Bryan living in a great little house-on plenty of acreage for Bryan :) –with four kids, all active and happy. I want our photography business to be in full swing where we can travel often and shoot pictures around the world. I want to be able to see my in-laws more often.

7. Something that is consuming your thoughts lately~
There are so many things that I think about.....

a) There are several marriages around me that are struggling right now and it is just crushing me. I wish I knew what to say or do to heal the hurting.

b) I am working on ways to grow our photography business. My problem right now is so much to do, so little time. There are only 24 hours in a day….even for a super Mom! J

c) Planning for the young adults ministry Bryan and I are kicking off this summer. Our Girls Night Out is a first phase of this ministry and we plan to go big with other events and groups in June.

d) And on and on and on……


Now I tag... Angela P., Stephanie L., and Kim L. Have fun!
J

3 comments:

The Parsons Family said...

ok, so had i not read this I would have not known I as tagged..check out my blog...I like to do these things...I am sooo wierd LOL!!

Unknown said...

Wow, so you have been to Antarctica :P You should paint, so you could confront that perfectionist tendency and learn to over come it, it would be a good growing exercise.

Shiloh said...

You are so precious. I am glad that we have been a part of each other's lives for so long. Love you guys.